Chinook Industry Spotlight: Business Consulting Q3 2021
- The U.S. business consulting market was valued at $330 billion in 2022 and has grown at 1.1% CAGR since 2018. The majority of business consulting revenues come from corporate strategy and organizational design, representing 43% and 39% of industry revenues, respectively.
- Anticipated growth is around 2% CAGR from 2023 to 2028 due to the increasing complexity of business operations and the need for specialized guidance.
- The business consulting industry is extremely fragmented, with a large portion of the 800,000+ U.S. consulting firms comprised of smaller operators and freelancers.
- With a broader shift toward remote working environments beyond COVID-19, many companies are looking to consultants to help incorporate new IT systems.
- Despite the significant increase in private equity firms acquiring business consulting companies, larger strategic players remain dominant as they execute growth through acquisition strategies.
About Chinook Capital Advisors:
Chinook Capital Advisors, based in Kirkland, WA, is a leading M&A advisory firm serving the needs of Pacific Northwest business owners. We help businesses prepare for and execute business ownership transition events.
Our expertise includes sell-side advisory/seller representation services, recapitalizations, advisory board/transaction preparation services, and other services including business valuation and debt advisory. Chinook serves many of the key industries that drive the Pacific Northwest economy, including manufacturing, distribution, business services, technology, healthcare products & services, and consumer products & services.
We welcome inquiries from business owners wanting to discuss business valuation, M&A market updates, or how to build value towards a future exit or recapitalization.